Have you made the MTA Pledge?
Take some time right now and make the Ride, Respect & Relax pledge. In doing so, you promise to demonstrate a respectful
attitude and good behavior toward MTA employees, your peers and other customers on public transit. You understand that you
are responsible for your actions and that you have the power to make a positive difference in the community.
• TO honor your family, school, peers and community by showing leadership in word, deed and attitude.
• TO be careful when walking to a bus stop, be ready to board the bus before the bus arrives, and stay out of the street while waiting to board the school bus.
• TO present your fare or pass before riding.
• TO board the bus in a safe, calm and orderly manner as well as move safely to your seat. You will not block entrances or exits.
• TO remember that the driver is in complete charge of the bus and students must respect his/her directions.
• TO talk in a normal manner without name-calling or loud, profane, or obscene language.
• TO not extend any part of your body through the bus windows and to always consider your safety and that of others around you.
• TO not eat, drink, smoke, and play radios or tape recorders, or other music devices without headphones while in or on board MTA vehicles and facilities.
• TO respectfully discourage others who may engage in negative activity because you recognize this issue alone can jeopardize your safety and the safety of others.
• TO Ride, Respect and Relax!