Reserving a Ride
After you are certified, to reserve a ride in the Paratransit program .call 410-764-8181. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name as it appears on the Paratransit application.
- Your complete pick-up and destination address, including zip code, name of building (if applicable) entrance location, cross street or nearest main street.
- The time you desire to arrive at your destination, keeping in mind that you must allow at least one-hour between pick-up and drop-off times. á The time you will be ready to be picked up for the return trip.
- Whether you have special requirements, such as a wheelchair, an oversized wheelchair, a scooter, whether you can transfer to a sedan or if you can only travel by van.
- If you plan to have a personal care attendant or traveling companion accompanying you, please see the section titled "Who May Ride with You".
Paratransit is a shared-ride service. Mobility Department reservation agents will make every attempt to accommodate your travel requests, but they must schedule the times that are available and fit the needs of the greatest number of people. Paratransit is not a taxi service; we cannot accommodate the personal desires of each individual.
We suggest keeping copies of these information requirements beside your phone. A checklist is included in the forms section. Remember, this information will assist us in furnishing the transportation you desire.
When ride reservations are made, we must limit the number of rides you request per phone call to six (6) one-way or three (3) round trips. You may call as often as you wish, but the number of rides per call must be limited. All reservations must be placed by 4:00 pm the day before your trip. Mobility does not provide same day trip requests.
Reservations can be made up to seven days in advance. The reservation agent will be able to tell you which dates are available. To better ensure the time and date you desire, it is suggested you call as far in advance as possible. It is especially important to make holiday travel reservations several days in advance.
NOTE: Due to the volume of calls, reservation agents can not look-up addresses for you. You may request the information on frequent destinations become a part of your permanent record.